A retractable awning extends the comfort of your home to your outdoor space. By choosing a motorized awning, you can create instant shelter with just the touch of a button, protecting you from light rain and glaring sun alike. You’ll enjoy spending more time outdoors on your deck or patio.
Buying an awning may cut into your summer vacation budget, but while a vacation lasts a week or two, your new awning will last for years! Spending time in your backyard will feel like you are on an extended vacation, and you can enjoy the comfort and relaxation into the spring, summer, and fall.
You can feel even more comfortable knowing that Excel offers one of the best warranties in the industry; our retractable awning components are covered for ten years, Sunbrella fabric is ten years, and all Somfy motors are covered for five years. With that kind of peace of mind, sitting under the shade of your retractable awning will feel just as relaxing as sitting under an umbrella on a tropical vacation.
Well folks, it's almost here. I'm talking about the hot Texas sun. Now is a good time to begin preparing for it, and a great way to do it is obviously by adding retractable awnings or shades to your patio. Then you can have sun when you want it, and shade when you need it.
1. Before cleaning any awning fabric, consult the fabric manufacturer for proper cleaning instructions. 2. Brush off all debris.
3. Clean from the bottom and work up.
4. Gently scrub the awning and valance with a soft bristled brush and a mild dish soap such as Ivory Snow, Dreft or Woolite. 5. Wash all parts of the awning. Missed spots show when dry.
6. Thoroughly and completely rinse awning. Film left on the material will leave marks and a chalky residue.
7. About once a month rinse your awnings down with a garden hose and keep the underside of your awning clean by simply brushing with a clean household broom.
8. Keep shrubbery and vines trimmed away from your awnings, they contain acid that can damage fabric. In addition, check awning frames for rust. Though rust is not likely, it can cause deterioration of the frame and lead to fabric stains.
FOR MILDEW AND STUBBORN STAINS
1 cup chlorine bleach
¼ cup mild soap
1 gallon of water
clean with soft bristle brush
allow to soak in fabric for up to 15 minutes
rinse until all soap residue is removed
allow to air dry
repeat if necessary
RE-TREATING THE FABRIC
As part of the finishing process, fabrics are treated with a fluorocarbon finish which enhances water repellency. This finish is designed to last for several years, but must be replenished after a thorough cleaning. We recommend using 303 High Tech Fabric Guard™ as the preferred treatment. Fabric should be re-treated after a thorough cleaning or after five years of use. For more info visit www.303products.com ( Product is available at Home Depot and Lowe’s ).
Nothing is better to us than seeing the satisfaction on a customers face after installing a retractable awning or shade. And what makes it even better is talking to a customer a few years later and getting to hear them say how pleased they are that they purchased a quality awning.
You can sell almost anything, but if your customers are not happy with your products or perhaps your service, then more than likely you won't be in business too long.
Back when we started our business, we decided that our number one priority is our customers, and in doing so we decided that to insure happy customers we needed to make sure that the products we were selling were high quality and that the manufacturers were going to stand behind their products. We feel that we have made the right decisions and the results have been very satisfied customers. And also has resulted in us having an A+ rating from the Houston BBB but in addition receiving the BBB AWARD OF EXCELLENCE, WINNER OF DISTINCTION every year for the past seven years. Thank you Houston.
1. Retractable awnings are essentially large pieces of weather-proof fabric stretched on a frame and attached to a home or business.
2. They need about 6 inches of horizontal unobstructed wall or roof space to be installed.
3. They can be extended or retracted in under a minute, simply by pushing a button on the remote control.
4. Our Rainer Awnings come with a motion sensor so that if you are in the house or away and winds were to pick up, it will retract on its own.
5. Awnings serve an important function: controlling the direct sunlight, which decreases heat and cuts UV rays.
6. If you are a business owner, a retractable awning can expand your capacity without having the need to hire a general contractor or architect.
7. They serve as an outdoor extension to your home or business. The majority of restaurants throughout Europe have retractable awnings for their outdoor seating.
8. When they are placed strategically over windows, they cut glare by 94% and exterior heat by 77%. Therefore, they lower inside temperatures by 8 t 15 degrees and cut air conditioning bills by 2.5 %.
9. Retractable awnings make for sun-bathing, lunch in the shade, a sun-warmed autumn deck and stargazing--all in the same space.
10. And finally let me say, they redeem your patio, poolside and deck areas, making them more than swatches of blazing hot concrete and bleached-blonde wood. You will now have an enjoyable space for eating, talking and entertaining. Best of all they can add value to your home.
Ron Eberhart Co-Owner of Excel Awning and Shade